Thursday, April 29, 2010

Real Estate | Barry Goodknight

Is the LA Market Cooling?

The LA Times ran a story today about a subtle shift in the Southern California housing market.  They were kind enough to solicit my opinion, so instead of repeating myself, you can read the article here!

Posted on November 16, 2005 | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

You Gotta Love The Irony

Think real estate prices in Los Angeles are a bit on the high side?  Then consider Aspen, Colorado where the average home sells for $4 million.

Real estate prices in Aspen have actually gotten to the point where the Aspen Board of Realtors had to move out of its own office space in Aspen and relocate 10 miles away in the town of Basalt!

Posted on November 14, 2005 | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

NAR Conference Coverage: Competition

The NAR conference wraps up with a warning to the Board of Directors about the new breed of real estate competition.


MP3 File

Posted on November 01, 2005 | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)














07.09.07

Purpose

Posted in Purpose at 11:17 am by Cynthia Holt

Good markets or Bad,
Stable or Changing,
I market and sell Real Estate.


I am a Real Estate Agent.  I do it because I love it.  I love showing property.  I love listing property.  I love selling property. The purpose of this blog is not to re-post what is already on the web, but to react and reply to what is being said on the web, in the papers, on the television, and the radio.  And, on occasion, tell a few of my own stories, share some of the lessons I’ve learned, or give an agent’s perspective.  My intention is to post weekly; more often, when needed.



Permalink Comments













08.15.07

Everybody Needs A Retirement Plan


















10.24.07

LaLa Land

Posted in Buying, Selling at 6:20 pm by Cynthia Holt

So, like I got this call. . .

From this guy. . .


The Holiday Season

Posted in Random Musings at 1:47 pm by Cynthia Holt


The holiday season is different for Realtors® than for everyone else.  Our business slows down and we focus on clearing the paperwork off our desks, taking a class, and giving back to the community.  For most of us, we will be donating to charitable causes with both money and time.  It’s our way of saying thank you to the community that supports us.  I’ve known agents that are almost superstitious about this time of year.  They think of it as an investment.  If they don’t give enough at this time of year, they won’t receive in the New Year.  I’ve never argued with this viewpoint; I just wish more people had it.

Permalink Comments

12.07.07


04.29.08

Phones

Posted in California Real Estate, Random Musings at 8:12 pm by Cynthia Holt

Got another phone call today
From another salesman
Called on my cell phone
Started his chatter
And put me on hold

As I sat at my desk
Looking at my to do list
Knowing how much my clients want a ready answer to their requests
The anger in me started to rise

I’m a California Real Estate Agent
The call was from Philly
Where we are seen as dumb, gullible, and greedy
We don’t really work at our jobs
We just sit here and count our big fat commissions
And everyone wants a part of our easy money

When the eternity ended
His partner got on the phone
He started his chatter
No one told me what they were selling
But they thought they were slick
I’m slicker – I hung up

And my broker wonders why I won’t do cold calls
Respect, it’s all about the respect.
I respect other people’s time and privacy.
I just wish others would do the same for me.


No comments: